Photos: Boxing Day Hunt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos: Boxing Day Hunt

While I appreciate your skill as a photographer, not completely sure if it is right too post pictures here, and publicise a vile cruel sport that the vast majority of people find abhorrent.
    Last edited by Ronnie Edgcumbe; 29-12-2016, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie Edgcumbe View Post
      While I appreciate your skill as a photographer, not completely sure if it is right too post pictures here, and publicise a vile cruel sport that the vast majority of people find abhorrent.
      I wasn't actually aware people found it offensive, ever since they've stopped actually hunting. I don't in anyway want to promote hunting - I just find it a tradition on boxing day, to see them all.. And coming from a photographer point of view, I love photographing it... Due to how they're dressed, the horses and them all running down the street.

But - I'd be happy to remove this post?

Comment

There are no problem with this posting. I do not agree with hunting either but it is up to the government to legislate what is legal and what is not.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeriding View Post

I wasn't actually aware people found it offensive, ever since they've stopped actually hunting. I don't in anyway want to promote hunting - I just find it a tradition on boxing day, to see them all.. And coming from a photographer point of view, I love photographing it... Due to how they're dressed, the horses and them all running down the street.

But - I'd be happy to remove this post?
          No after giving some thought as its only a link I suppose it's OK.
          Cannot comment on this particular hunt but I believe nationwide the laws on hunting are being widely flouted. Unfortunately the anti hunting volunteers were very busy this Boxing Day.
          Would be nice if the new council to be voted for in May could vote on whether this event should continue.

Comment

Jake they are wonderful pictures - I am firmly against hunting foxes too and as far as I am aware it is still banned -but as you say it is a tradition for Helston so no harm as long as they only drag hunt and dont pursue foxes. Thank you for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X